Types of Refrigerators
For home use, there are broadly 5 types of refrigerators:
- Top Mounted Freezer Refrigerator: This is the oldest standard and still the most familiar to most consumers. The freezer is at the top. It is not the most efficient arrangement.
- Bottom Mounted Freezer Refrigerator: Because the freezer is not as often used as the fridge, bottom mounted fridges came into use.
- Side by Side Refrigerator: This eliminated the inconvenience of having to stoop down to open the freezer. However it decreased the width of the fridge.
- French Door Refrigerator: An excellent newer design, now gaining much popularity. The freezer is once again at the bottom, since it is only used so often. The french doors open out short on each side, saving space and all of the width of the machine is available for the refrigeration unit.
- Counter Depth Refrigerator: These are built to extend out to the same level as the standard counters in the kitchen. This alignment offers an aesthetic advancement.
What are the Most Popular Types of Refrigerators?
The two most popular types of fridge are now the French Door and the Side by Side. Both have their specific advantages. It is however safe to say that the french door architecture is now the preferred model. We have a comparison of the these two types of machines on our dedicated page: French Door Refrigerator vs Side By Side.
We feature below a full range of machines: top brands at discounted and sale prices by featuring merchants who are offering competitive and sale prices on high quality brands such as Samsung and LG. The large selection allow you to get the best refrigerator deals
French Door Refrigerator Added Conveniences
French Door Refrigerators are now available with a number of useful utilities including crisper drawers, ice machines, temperature regulators and adjustable shelving. They therefore do generally comes with a higher price point than standard top-mount or even side by side refrigerators.
When buying a new refrigerator, french door models are definitely the most popular choice. However, there is a considerable amount of thought that has to go into choosing your new machine.
To see a full selection and for more information on French Door Refrigerators, click to our dedicated page.
How to Buy a Refrigerator
Buying a new refrigerator would seem to be a simple enough goal, but it does need careful evaluation of a number of variables in order to make the proper choices. To begin with, there are three main issues to consider, before looking at the more specific features of the appliance itself.
- Delivery of the Fridge: the logistics of delivery can be a headache if one does not first check a number of elements such as convenient access to your home or apartment
- Access to Final Resting Spot: Getting your new fridge into your house is one thing. Being able to get it to the desired spot in your kitchen or pantry is another matter entirely.
- Efficient Use of Space Once Installed: You will need to use your new machine often. Think through how best to organize it internally as well as how to make best use of space in the kitchen or pantry
We have a 3 part article guide dedicated to How to By a Refrigerator. Get more details there beginning with Part 1.
What Foods Should You Store in the Refrigerator?
This is an important issue and it’s interesting how much people get wrong concerning this.Various types of foods have to be stored differently. Dairy, meats, fruits, different kinds of vegetables, prepared meals, etc., not only have to be stored in different ways, but may need to be kept in different sections of the fridge. Modern refrigerators now have a variety of compartments and advanced technical features which allow for a range of refrigeration options. Should bread be refrigerated at all? What about tomatoes? What is the purpose of a crisper drawer? We answer these and many more questions in our article What Foods Should You Store in the Refrigerator? It is in 3 parts.
Note: We have advertiser and affiliate relationships with some companies mentioned on this site. We may earn compensation from the companies mentioned here.
Best Refrigerator Deals!
Featured Best Refrigerator Deals from RC Willey!
Haier 4-Door French Door Refrigerator
33 Inch Stainless Steel
Deal Price $899.97
Samsung French Door Fridge with CoolSelect Pantry
Retail Price $1299.99
Samsung French Door Refrigerator
25 cu. ft. Capacity – 36 Inch
Deal Price $1599.99
Frigidaire French Door Refrigerator with PureSource Ultra II Ice
Retail Price $1699.99
Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator
36 Inch Black
Deal Price $1899.99
French Door Refrigerator Sale at Best Buy!
LG – 27.9 French Door Smart Wi-Fi Enabled Refrigerator
Deal Price $2429.99
LG – 21.9 Cu. Ft. French Door-in-Door Counter-Depth Refrigerator
Deal Price $2549.99
LG – 27.8 4-Door French Door Smart Wi-Fi Enabled Refrigerator
Deal Price $2609.99
Samsung – 17.5 Cu. Ft. Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator
Deal Price $1149.99
Samsung – 25.5 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Filtered Ice Maker
Retail Price $1299.99
Samsung – 24.6 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water
Deal Price $1599.99
Samsung – 28.1 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water
Retail Price $1899.99
Whirlpool – 25.2 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator
Deal Price $1529.99
Whirlpool – 19.7 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator
Deal Price $1799.99
Whirlpool – 25.2 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Internal Water Dispenser
Deal Price $1619.99
Huge Discount Refrigerator Deals: While Supplies Last!